It’s Monday again, the most dreaded day for most of us. Having spent so much energy over the weekend doing this and that, getting back into the groove of the week is often boring and can be frustrating at times. I had often failed to keep a positive attitude on a Monday until some two weeks ago when my pastor shared on how to keep a positive attitude. As a matter of fact I learnt that it was not just a Monday thing that kept my positive attitude away. I realized that there are so many other things that fail us as individuals from keeping a positive attitude at times. If you are one of them, here are some tips as shared by my pastor on how to build a positive attitude:-
· Look for one or two things to be thankful about each day
· Look at what you have instead of what you could have
· Avoid comparing yourself
· Be more outward focused rather than inward focused. For instance here one can look at how you can help someone in need
· If you are Christian, place your trust in God’s word and promises. As Christians we do this by studying the bible, learning His promises, understanding them and declaring them
· Pursue an unselfish love towards those who are nearest to you.
· Refuse to allow your eyes to see the negative
· Look for the positive in every circumstance
· Look for the best in others, Refuse to be critical.